Friday, December 17, 2010

This Christmas I gave you my heart

This year for my birthday I decided I WOULD drink. Maybe I won't get toasted but maybe I'll allow myself to relax enough that I'm comfortable. We bought Glogg for that occasion. According to my friend it is an "olde-world" drink. It'll be interesting, that's for sure. Hmm... what else? We decided to give gifts to everyone else instead of each other. We each picked out 1 gift for ourselves. I'd like to get something for her, just for her, that let's her know that I'm thinking of her always, something that she doesn't know about, but I don't know if we will. I like Christmas, not for the religious theme but for the fact that a general vibe for everyone is that they're all partially at peace. Maybe their not exuberantly happy but people feel more at one with the world, or something. I'm sure it's just me. What else? I'm happy to work just 1 day next weekend, Dec 26, then I'll be off til New Year's Day.

I work in a type of field where the business is open 24/7, because it's people's dwelling places. That's okay, but I'm getting kinda tired of the job. I want a new job in the new year. I know, it seems like I'm putting that on Santa's list... I know the only way I'm going to get out of it, is if I firmly put my foot down and do it. Meh, I can barely force myself to get up and go to work for 3 days, how am I gonna force myself to pound the pavement looking for a new career. I think I accept that humans are genetically engineered to walk the same path every single day until they drop. Do I sound jaded? Hmmm I'm sure I am.

Well, the Christmas cards have been sent out, the Angel Tree names have been done up, their gifts turned in, my Secret Santa has been fixed up and I've got everything else going on, now it's just a wait for Christmas. I hope all goes well.

Alright then, I guess I will try and update this more often.
Peace world,
Merry Christmas

No comments: