Friday, October 9, 2009

October & Thoughts of Fall


October is here and I cannot believe it. This year has gone by rather quickly and I'm just surprised how much my life has changed. We moved out! Yes! I returned to a job, I didn't think I would willingly go back to. (Sometimes, you have to do what you don't want to do.) But, we're safe and happy -ish, but things get bumpy at times, but that's life, I guess.Strange, I never really thought this Blogger would be my mad ramblings!

Current book I'm reading: I have been led to The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, I'm almost finished with part 1, City of Bones. Soon I'll be on to City of Ashes. It's very cool. I like this series. I used to not get into YA, but I've changed my mind over the years. I do like to read books that are more "edgy" and adult, like Gena Showalter, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Susan Kearney +1000s more. But my reading habits are expanding. My TBR pile includes: The rest of the Mortal series, Staying Dead by Laura Gilman, The Mercy series by Toni Andrews, Through a Crimson Veil by Patti O'Shea, +more than I have time for. I may even consider reading: Dead Reign by T.A. Pratt, False Gods by Graham McNeill. I "have" to read: Divine Intervention by Ken Wharton, Twist by Colby Hodge, Idlewild by Nick Sagan - all of these are from a book challenge from a yr or 2 ago, that we haven't finished -grrr. So many books, so little time. I guess it's a good thing I recently got new glasses. Now, if only I didn't have to go to work, have to worry about my MT class, have to eat, sleep (general body maintenance) and oh, of course let's not forget Twitter, or Facebook!

Oh what a tangled life, right?
Happy Fall everyone!

1 comment:

S B Frank said...

You and I obviously like a lot of the same books. Cheers,